Leaking Oil Lines NEED HELP

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Mule89

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
So to start off today after a few months with the new to me engine in my truck we took a ride to get some printer ink. we come out to find oil dripping under the truck. I was hoping it was just the water pump leaking and miking with grease. The oil line with oil gushing out of the line by the motor mount was gave me the sicking feeling and now I had to replace the lines. Took it back and parked it. Now Im really wondering where i should go with this. Does any one know of some good aftermarket lines that are at a good price or am i better off going with the OME lines? And how much do i need to change if i do go with aftermarket. PS this is my daily driver so i need it soon.

95Escahoe

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Get the AC Delco lines, the Dorman ones won't last long at all

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5spd Z71

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
AC Delco from rock auto. Bought these about a year ago. No issues since install.

Sent from my iPhone

laidbackbigun

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Would it not be advisable to do away with the lines and get the bypass valve? I believe i read that on this forum.

Jrgunn5150

Enjoying tomorrow's success today
Reaction score
Would it not be advisable to do away with the lines and get the bypass valve? I believe i read that on this forum.

You can get a normal adapter that makes the filter go straight up and down and do away with the lines altogether if you prefer that route.

mattillac

Lurker
Reaction score
Recently replaced my oil cooler lines with the original style (dorman).

I also replaced the oil filter adapter gaskets and line connectors while I was at it.

You must be registered for see images

Felpro #ES72671

You must be registered for see images

Dorman #800-603

I cut the old oil lines near the adapters with a sawzall and then removed the entire oil filter housing, then removed and replaced the old line adapters while at the work bench.

The new line adapters made reassembly a breeze IMO.

FWIW, The dorman lines seem to have a lifetime warranty from Oreillys.

Last edited: