Leak under passenger side dash

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Garage Hack

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
In theory, couldn't the drain elbow get plugged, and fall off or break? And if some of the plugging material was still in the drain hole/pipe, the evaporator box could still flood.....
Remember, I'm dealing with gulf coast humidity!

Just to share my experience, hopefully it helps someone out, my elbow was missing and I was getting water on the passenger floorboard. Took it to a local AC specialty guy who cleaned out the drain both with a pipe cleaner and with compressed air several times but it is still leaking.

I have a piece of hose on the drain but I'm going to put the elbow back on there because it's the most compact way to keep the water draining.

I'm reluctant to take my entire dash apart not because I can't do it but because like everyone has shared it takes a long time and the truck will have to sit outside partially assembled which I don't want. At this point it looks like I'm going to have to follow those instructions someone linked to on that other site to clean it out to see if it makes a difference.

Frank Enstein

Best. Day. EVER!
Reaction score
I am fully terrified of what the one in Frank looks like! I believe the truck was flooded up to the middle of the doors. There was a line of dirt about 14"up from the floor all the way around the cab.
:doublepuke: