LEAF SPRINGS

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

lance

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I am going to be doing a djm 4/6 drop on my 1993 chevy silverado1500 ext. cab with 5.7 motor 2wd. O.k. heres my ? how many leafs are in a stock 1500 leaf spring because mine has 5 leafs an then the overload spring so 6 all together is that the normal amount or no. An if it's not will that affect the amout of drop it will give me in the rear. Thanks for any help

Last edited:

lance

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I did a search on here an found nothing, but went to fsc an done a search an found that 1500's should have only 4 leafs, 2500's should have 5to6 leafs, 3500's should have 5to7 leafs can anyone confirm this please.

DRAGGIN95

Warranty Killer!
Super Moderator
Reaction score
My 1/2 ton's have all had 3 leaves plus 1 overload, out 2 burb's have 4 leaves plus 1 overload, and my 1 ton has 6 leaves plus 1 overload.

lance

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Thanks for the reply draggin95 so since I have a 1500 I should only have 3 leaves an the overload (this is counting the main leaf to right).

DRAGGIN95

Warranty Killer!
Super Moderator
Reaction score
That's what my 1/2 ton's have had, and yes that's including the main spring. This is how I have lowered both of our burb's, remove one spring for 2 inches of drop and add 2 in. shackles for 4 in rear drop, it makes the spring pack just like the 1/2 ton truck's pack.

lance

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Well see i'm bought a 4/6 drop from djm, when I got to the rear I seen where I had what looked like springs from a 2500 instead of one's for 1500. My ? is now can use the leafsprings I have on there now an will it give me a true 6" drop, or do I have to go to a junkyard an get a set of leafsprings off a 1500 or could I just pull some leafs out to equal a set of 1500 leafsprings. (the 4/6 drop is the one with 2" spindels 2" lowing springs in the front an a 6" flip kit in the rear.)

DRAGGIN95

Warranty Killer!
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I would install the drop parts and then see what it looks like, then remove leaves if needed.

The Daver

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
My logic tells me the number of leaves arent even gonna make a difference in height with a flip kit...

The Daver

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ok come to think of it....it could lower it a little more but in reality its just the back end squating down and your gonna sacrifice alot of ride quality