Key is hard to turn

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Brockwaykid

Reaction score
Hey all, I have been dealing with this problem for quite a while now, i put my key in the ignition, and it doesnt turn, i have to wiggle it both in and out, and back and
forth at the same time, then it will turn to the on position. it takes about 5-10sec each time i try to start the truck. really annoying. anyone else have this problem? I'm thinking the ignition cylinder?

MSCustoms

Its not just a Truck
Reaction score
Is the key worn out? When the key gets worn out it has problems turning.

ChrisAU

War Damn Eagle
Reaction score
Yeah I'd just get a replacement ignition cylinder. Aggravating install but it will save you time over the long run.

michael hurd

Stalker be gone.
Reaction score
I wouldn't bother changing the lock cylinder. I had the dealer make new keys from the VIN. They work like they should.

Big D

Atoadaso I f*kn Atoadaso
Reaction score
I had the same problem, and like the others mentioned, I got new keys and its been a good time ever since.

Brockwaykid

Reaction score
Yeah the key is pretty worn. But it was like that 5 yrs ago and never bothered. I'll look into a set of keys, I'd like to have a spare set anyway. Thanks for the help guys!

Big D

Atoadaso I f*kn Atoadaso
Reaction score
My key was prwtty worn when I bought the truck, and every once in a while id have to wiggle the keys to get the ignition to turn then it turned into almost every time, and then eventually nothing.

maybe help save you 2 trips, call the dealership 1st to see whats needed to get new keys, I had to provide more then a vin number to get new keys.

MSCustoms

Its not just a Truck
Reaction score
My key was prwtty worn when I bought the truck, and every once in a while id have to wiggle the keys to get the ignition to turn then it turned into almost every time, and then eventually nothing.

maybe help save you 2 trips, call the dealership 1st to see whats needed to get new keys, I had to provide more then a vin number to get new keys.

X2 i think i also needed the title