K2500 Smiles and tribulations

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mattyg

Reaction score
I finally got the the new to me 1996 K2500 (95k miles, 5.7, 4l80e) plated and got some miles on her. So far I am 100 percent pleased with the truck even though it took some work to get here. It needed a flex plate and starter, cracked block at starter bolts repaired, I gave it a full tune up, needed oil pressure sender, then a knock sensor, now my water pump is leaking, but I absolutely love this truck!

It rides great, good power and the tranny is one of the best shifting trucks trans I’ve driven to date! A pleasure to drive all around. I found some 17” wheels and newish tires. The dual fuel system works good, hardly notice any power difference.

This is how I got it, old man owned, stored inside
You must be registered for see images attach

Cracked block

Out comes the engine for new flexplate, block repair

New wheels and tires and on he road to work out the bugs

34 gallon gas, and 140 litres of propane. Previous owner said he could drive almost 900 miles on both tanks

Jesse_Wenting

Old Thread Reviver
Reaction score
Conversion kit, has its own processor , it’s been on the truck since new.
Sounds like with modern fuel efficiency, this is more of a "look what I can do" thing now. Shame.

Regardless a very nice truck. I've only heard of a few 400s that still exist with a dual fuel system, and never seen one in the flesh. At least from my experience a very rare option, guessing it was almost exclusively for fleet trucks