K-series upgraded front anti-roll bar

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

94K3500PROJECT

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Ridetech makes an upgraded 2wd bar. If it's different from a 4wd bar that does us no good. I want one badly for my dually. I've seen other aftermarket bars that are no bigger than stock.

The 2WD swaybars are different yes.
I would try and find a different OEM bar that could fit....Maybe a 2500HD D’max bar?
The 4wd works with less space because of how the frame is made and because of the CV shafts.

I may go with a splined speedway/nascar style bar as that may be easier to adapt

94K3500PROJECT

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
So Addco does make a 1.25” bar.
This IS larger than stock by 1/8”
That’s not insignificant.
28.5mm stock to 31.7mm Addco would probably be a noticeable difference.
I am going to call them tomorrow about having a 33-35mm front bar bent up.

94K3500PROJECT

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
One other thing I wanted to add. This is going on a lifted truck. I’m working through a system that will allow as good or better ride, handling and driving characteristics on a lifted truck as on a stock truck.
Several small fine tuning modifications that I’m working on. I have enough experience tuning suspension systems I’m confident I can get things where I want them

94K3500PROJECT

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
IIRC the benefit is more than just the diameter but related to the square of it.

I ‘think’ it would be a noticeable difference.
I’m used to suspension tuning on 3,300lb or less cars.
Add in another 1500lbs (or more in my case) a much higher center of gravity and who knows.

I did find a source for a 1-3/8” bar for $375.
That’s pricey but will likely help achieve what I’m after.
They are approximately 12 weeks out on something like this though

Pinger

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I ‘think’ it would be a noticeable difference.

The diameter part is a geometry thing - same as for the same amount of material (in cross section) of a tube being torsionally stiffer than a bar with the same amount of material. The further from the radius the more it has to move and thus the strain is higher so greater resistance to twisting. 'Second moments of area' defines it IIRC - if you're inclined toward the maths of it.

94K3500PROJECT

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
The diameter part is a geometry thing - same as for the same amount of material (in cross section) of a tube being torsionally stiffer than a bar with the same amount of material. The further from the radius the more it has to move and thus the strain is higher so greater resistance to twisting. 'Second moments of area' defines it IIRC - if you're inclined toward the maths of it.

I understand how it works and have made the effort to figure out the actual wheel rate in roll before
In this case I’ll admit to being lazy.
I’m simply going for less body roll in which case that 1-3/8 bar will work out nicely