Just wanna say hello

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Savagesierra

Reaction score
Hello. Everybody. Just wanna start off on the gas foot. Or right one lol. Thought I would sign up to the forum. I been creeping it for a while lotta great topics and tech. Well I’m from. Newfoundland. But live in onscario. Lol that’s Ontario. Just picked up a 91 gmc sierra with a 350 tbi. Guy put 11000 dollars into it in less then a year. Or rebuilt transmission prop shaft. Motor idle issues. The normal. Stuff. First thing I did was check what was all changed out in the receipts he had. Noticed the pcv. Valve and egr valve wasnt. Replaced. Ordered new pcv valve and egr. Offf. Amazon. Which had incorrect vacuum. Draw. So I’m returning it and getting right part in the meantime I cleaned the old one up with carb cleaner a old tooth brush and compressed air. Reinstalled it and running way better. She used to almost die out at a set of lights know she holds her idle way better habe a few more sensors in order One thing I noticed is no overdrive. So I ordered a new brake switch. In meantime I mean it’s old truck. Sensors are pretty cheap may as well change em all and no why I have. Well I’ll be contributing and inquiring to the forum I’ll attach a pic of the old girl. Thanks for having me

Attachments

• IMG_9778.jpeg
    IMG_9778.jpeg
    657.6 KB · Views: 15
  • IMG_9779.jpeg
    IMG_9779.jpeg
    705.3 KB · Views: 15

Drunkcanuk

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Well welcome from way out west in Alberta.
That's a nice rig, wouldn't be out of place out here running around the lease roads.
Lots of knowledge on here as you probably know. So ask away.
Careful changing too much at a time chasing problems. Checking sensors to confirm they are bad is preferred over just hopefully fixing the issue.

Savagesierra

Reaction score
1 step at a time is right I’m. Just basically. Grabbing them and going threw her I plan on keeping them his truck for life. So restoring is beginning last truck I had was a dodge 13 ram. It was garbage. As soon as warranty ran out. Everything went wrong prior to that I had a 79 ck 10 with a 454. I still have the motor. Was gonna carb this one priced it out looks to be about a thousand to go this route But my plan the spring is strip to the. Chassis. Sandblast. Do chassis with truck bed liner. New wire harness and whatever’s she needs. I hit this one for 3800 Canadian. So it ain’t like it eating grub

F4U-1A

Early spring 24
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hello. Everybody. Just wanna start off on the gas foot. Or right one lol. Thought I would sign up to the forum. I been creeping it for a while lotta great topics and tech. Well I’m from. Newfoundland. But live in onscario. Lol that’s Ontario. Just picked up a 91 gmc sierra with a 350 tbi. Guy put 11000 dollars into it in less then a year. Or rebuilt transmission prop shaft. Motor idle issues. The normal. Stuff. First thing I did was check what was all changed out in the receipts he had. Noticed the pcv. Valve and egr valve wasnt. Replaced. Ordered new pcv valve and egr. Offf. Amazon. Which had incorrect vacuum. Draw. So I’m returning it and getting right part in the meantime I cleaned the old one up with carb cleaner a old tooth brush and compressed air. Reinstalled it and running way better. She used to almost die out at a set of lights know she holds her idle way better habe a few more sensors in order One thing I noticed is no overdrive. So I ordered a new brake switch. In meantime I mean it’s old truck. Sensors are pretty cheap may as well change em all and no why I have. Well I’ll be contributing and inquiring to the forum I’ll attach a pic of the old girl. Thanks for having me
Hello from a life long (63yrs) OnScario resident.

Scooterwrench

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Howdy from Florida!
I have had success cleaning PCV valves with Purple Power. You can either soak them for a couple hours or just spray it into both ends,shake it really well and rinse it through the valve side with a water hose and jet nozzle. Then blow it out with compressed air. Then spray it through with carb/brake cleaner and air again. If they are real gunky you may have to repeat the operation a couple times. Make sure to use GM sensors when replacing them.

Savagesierra

Reaction score
Howdy from Florida!
I have had success cleaning PCV valves with Purple Power. You can either soak them for a couple hours or just spray it into both ends,shake it really well and rinse it through the valve side with a water hose and jet nozzle. Then blow it out with compressed air. Then spray it through with carb/brake cleaner and air again. If they are real gunky you may have to repeat the operation a couple times. Make sure to use GM sensors when replacing them.
Do you mean. Egr I aleady did it and truck idles. Awesome. But thanks for the knowledge. I appreciate it. Problem in Canada is we can’t get a chemical that really. Works anything that did usually got pulled. From the shelves. To harmful. I guess lol

Scooterwrench

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ordered new pcv valve and egr. Offf. Amazon. Which had incorrect vacuum. Draw. So I’m returning it and getting right part in the meantime I cleaned the old one up with carb cleaner a old tooth brush and compressed air. Reinstalled it and running way better.
PCV!
I've never found a good way to clean EGR valves,that baked on carbon is pretty tough stuff.
Down here we can get Purple Power at Walmart.

Savagesierra

Reaction score
PCV!
I've never found a good way to clean EGR valves,that baked on carbon is pretty tough stuff.
Down here we can get Purple Power at Walmart.
Yeah. It was a bigger I nailed it with carb spray around the rod and side hole let it soak. The piston rod was froze from carbon it finally freed up. Took about half can carb spray and patience. Knkw it has a dent from the patience. Part