jtlichty's 97 RCSB Z71

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jtlichty

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Gorgeous '94. That's probably my favorite color/paint combination on these trucks!

Yeah that color seems pretty rare, but I think its awesome too! I can't wait for my dad to drop the ugly side steps and make some other small changes here and there to really make that truck pop!

NCTyphoonKid

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Try craigslist for some of those rally wheels I saw a white z71 that had them and it looked damn good imo. They should bolt right up the lug pattern is the same. Both of those trucks look good I especially like the red one :)

jtlichty

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Try craigslist for some of those rally wheels I saw a white z71 that had them and it looked damn good imo. They should bolt right up the lug pattern is the same. Both of those trucks look good I especially like the red one :)

Thanks man! Yeah I've only seen them on a GMT400 maybe once, but it looked sick! I know the bolt pattern is the same, but I know those older tucks had different sized bolts on the hubs. I don't know if maybe that doesn't matter for these because they use acorn nuts or what?

NCTyphoonKid

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Thanks man! Yeah I've only seen them on a GMT400 maybe once, but it looked sick! I know the bolt pattern is the same, but I know those older tucks had different sized bolts on the hubs. I don't know if maybe that doesn't matter for these because they use acorn nuts or what?

Not sure on the lug nuts. You don't see the rallies much not sure why I like the look of them on these trucks.

jtlichty

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Well guys I did a very stupid thing today. Here's the story. I got home from work and was noticing a little whining in the steering. So I figured I'd check the power steering fluid. I get out pop the hood and check it and sure enough its a tad short (apparently I have a slow leak). Then I put the hood back down and go inside to make a sandwich and get the PS fluid. I decided before going back out that while my truck is out I might as well run down the road to the parts store and get the blinker that my wife's car needs. So I take off down the street and I'm about half way there when i hit a bump in the street and up pops my hood! Scared the crap out of me but I just pull it over get out push it down and hop back in. Only after I get back in the drovers seat do I notice that sudden upward jerk of the hood dented my hood above both hinges! UGHHHHH!!!!!! I'm not a happy man. Granted its so minute of a dent that no one would really notice it. But sitting in the drivers seat is the perfect angle to see the damage! So yeah there's the stupid thing I did today. Sorry for the rant. :frown:

twomanymontes

car show addict
Reaction score
That sucks!!! I know how you feel. Did the same thing with my old 74 Monte Carlo, but mine folded over the roof and smashed the windshield.

jtlichty

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
That sucks!!! I know how you feel. Did the same thing with my old 74 Monte Carlo, but mine folded over the roof and smashed the windshield.

Ouch! I'm happy that didn't happen at least and no one got hurt either, but it sure is frustrating when you do something so silly like that and ruin a perfectly good hood.

Gopedxr

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I am digging this rig i am going to do a few things like this to mine i might be getting a 97 extra cab maroon and put some black rims on it. Not sure just yet. what do you plan on doin next to it?

jtlichty

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Thanks! I really like the look of it right now. But I figure down the road when I have more money coming in I'll save up for a lift kit. I was also thinking about removing the banner on the back. Not sure if I will tho. It seems like everyone does that and it's almost more rare to see one that still has the banner on so I'm torn with what to do there. I'm also trying to find a set of winter rims for it if I end up staying in Iowa for this winter.

Gopedxr

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
i have some family in des moines i think. Whats it like over there?