Intermediate Steering Shaft and Rag Joint Replacement: 1994 Chevy C1500 (Borgeson 000936)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

1994chevycheyenne

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Today we are going to replace the intermediate shaft on my 1994 Chevy C1500 and see it we can improve the sloppy steering that these trucks suffer from. The intermediate shaft is also known as the steering shaft. Maybe we will just call it a steering intermediate shaft? Either way, let’s just hope this Borgeson 000936 Steering Shaft fixes the loose sloppy steering in my truck. I purchased this Borgeson 000936 Steering Shaft for $220 on Amazon and it is supposed to fit 1992-1994 Full size Chevy & GMC trucks. This is a heavy-duty telescopic steel steering shaft. Connects from factory column to steering box. Includes complete rag joint and billet steel universal joint. And made in the USA since 1914.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

gstubbz

Hi I'm Gavin and I have an OBSession
Reaction score
I put a borgeson shaft in my old 07 2500HD and it was a nice improvement although expensive.

However for those looking for a cheaper alternative use a 80s/early 90s Jeep XJ Cherokee steering shaft, use a torch to melt the nylon in the middle, and split both the stock truck shaft and the xj shaft and it's a bolt in affair. The 95+ gets a little more goofy, the XJ shaft can still be used but it had to be welded when I did it on my 98 (and as a safety feature you would then lose the collapsible steering column shaft in an accident and get the steering wheel potentially into your body).