Interior lights

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dirtautoguy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
On my 1996 k1500 Iv been haveing some issues and thought maybe someone here could offer some help.

1. Service engine soon light.
My service engine soon light is constantly on due to no cats on the exhaust. In the future I plan on doing the 411 pcm swap but untill then it is what it is. The problem is it seems to intermittently go out. The cat code is still there but the service engine soon light is not illuminated. It did this to me before but it magically came back. This time it’s been out for a couple weeks and has not back. Code is still there so it should be on. Anyone have any ideas?

2. When I put in a new steering box last time I forgot to lock the steering wheel and broke the clockspring so now my air bag light is constantly on. I really hate this idea but could I just take the light bulb out? I can’t seem to find another new clockspring.

3. My ac and recirculate buttons don’t illuminate but from what iv researched might be due to the whole unit not just the bulbs

4. If I end up doing bulbs in the cluster would it be worth just replacing all the bulbs? I would go with LEDs but I value my dimming feature too much and as far as I know There aren’t any 194 or 74 bulbs that are dimmable

89obsSB

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
On my 1996 k1500 Iv been haveing some issues and thought maybe someone here could offer some help.

1. Service engine soon light.
My service engine soon light is constantly on due to no cats on the exhaust. In the future I plan on doing the 411 pcm swap but untill then it is what it is. The problem is it seems to intermittently go out. The cat code is still there but the service engine soon light is not illuminated. It did this to me before but it magically came back. This time it’s been out for a couple weeks and has not back. Code is still there so it should be on. Anyone have any ideas?

2. When I put in a new steering box last time I forgot to lock the steering wheel and broke the clockspring so now my air bag light is constantly on. I really hate this idea but could I just take the light bulb out? I can’t seem to find another new clockspring.

3. My ac and recirculate buttons don’t illuminate but from what iv researched might be due to the whole unit not just the bulbs

4. If I end up doing bulbs in the cluster would it be worth just replacing all the bulbs? I would go with LEDs but I value my dimming feature too much and as far as I know There aren’t any 194 or 74 bulbs that are dimmable
I think it is against the law in most states to remove the bulb. But if you live in a state without emissions checks how would they ever know

dirtautoguy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Well I kinda figured it was illegal. But that truck will never leave my possession untill it’s in the junkyard. I would much rather just put a new clockspring in it but it’s kinda hard to find a new one… In Wyoming we don’t have any kind of inspections