Interior lights stuck on

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reefdude84

Reaction score
"....I have taken out all jam switches and even disconnected dash switch and still they are on....."

Looking over a 1997 diagram it seems as though all the door jamb switches would be wired through the dome override button (dash switch), so the dome override button simply (opens) disconnects all of the door switches from the interior light circuit.

If you disconnected that dome override button (dash switch) and the lights still stay on I think we can be sure it's not the door switches causing the problem.

It seems as though the interior lights are also controlled via either a interior lamp control module or a remote control door lock receiver, maybe depending on whether you have factory remote power locks, you might only have one or the other (I am not sure).

I guess either of those modules would (when required) normally apply a ground (-12v) to the interior light circuit . The diagram says they are under the (dash) center of the instrument panel.

Here are the 1997 diagrams I am looking over.

Without aux lighting

With aux lighting

Hope that helps, best of luck.
Thank you for this diagram I will have to go through it all this weekend and see if I can figure it out