Interior lights staying on...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Mitchellblk

Reaction score
Okay guys, new to the group. Yesterday I hooked up a neon strip to my above light in my 96 GMC single cab. I took out the stock light and wired the neon strip but didn't take the metal prongs off the wires that hold in the stock bulb. I also cut the bulb out from under the dash on the drivers side and wired a neon strip to the white and Orange wire. That was done before I did the above light. I had no problems before I took out the above light but since yesterday I am. The lights do not turn off from the doors closing, they stay on and the cargo light stays on also. When I close the doors, I hear the click from the timer trying to turn off the lights but they stay on... How do I fix it?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    85.9 KB · Views: 15
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    92.7 KB · Views: 15

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I have a 1996 that the guy had a custom overhead console put in with some lights and he said it used to have the same problem, lights would not turn off when shut off and doors closed, so he put in a small bypass button..not sure if you will do this