interior color

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tailpipe51

Suburbanholic
Reaction score
okay according to the vin my interior is Light smoke grey i think? anyways i look at my seats and other fabric surfaces have a tanish color to them but are not a really dominate beige color n my dash is a darker grey does anybody have like a example of all the colors so i know for sure when ordering parts to order them in grey???????? :(

sewlow

Bitchin' Stitchin'
Reaction score
mine is called Medium Gray... which will be changed to Medium Parchment (tan) hopefully this winter.

Classic color combo! Green & tan.

To the O.P., if the colors you order are slightly different, to the point that you don't find them satisfactory, you can always dye the parts. My '98 came with the minimalistic plastic. I got all the 'deluxe' plastic parts from the wreckers from several different vehicles. Some were red, some blue, some tan. After they were all dyed, unless I told you they were, you'd never know. Not only that, but the color is nice & even throughout the interior. No variation from one panel to the other.

dagen_1

OBS 4 Me
Reaction score

To the O.P., if the colors you order are slightly different, to the point that you don't find them satisfactory, you can always dye the parts. My '98 came with the minimalistic plastic. I got all the 'deluxe' plastic parts from the wreckers from several different vehicles. Some were red, some blue, some tan. After they were all dyed, unless I told you they were, you'd never know. Not only that, but the color is nice & even throughout the interior. No variation from one panel to the other.

same here... my cheyenne had minimal plastic trim. Thanks to 98nightmare i have the plastics from a fully optioned truck, just in another color. i have decided on what's getting color matched and what's getting smoothed or left textured.. haha

tailpipe51

Suburbanholic
Reaction score
i will post a pix tonight but nobody has ever smoked in my truck me or the original owners and i got more plastic cause its a SLE which is the fully loaded package b4 they made the SLT in 94?

gmcyukondriver

Built, not bought.
Reaction score

What did you use to dye them? Just SEM? I need to do that to some pieces (Center console and door handle bezels). I also need to find some dye to match the darker charcoal color for some add-ons and changes that I want to look factory.

sewlow

Bitchin' Stitchin'
Reaction score
how do you know if you have the "better plastics"?

The early models of the rcsb's had the long 'A' pillar plastic that goes right over the door to the 'B' pillar. The large rear piece at the back of the headliner over the back window, the floor to ceiling 'B' pillar & the large plastic piece under the rear window. These plastic pieces also require the larger, from side to side, headliner.
The later trucks had the short 'A' pillar plastic that ends at about the visors, and minimalist small plastic pieces. GM = Cheap ********!!!

What did you use to dye them? Just SEM? I need to do that to some pieces (Center console and door handle bezels). I also need to find some dye to match the darker charcoal color for some add-ons and changes that I want to look factory.

Yup! Just SEM. After a thorough cleaning. I've posted the procedure on the forum somewhere before. If you need that info, I'll have to post that up later tonight.

dagen_1

OBS 4 Me
Reaction score
how do you know if you have the "better plastics"?

the Cheyenne trucks didn't have B-pillar plastics, only speaker grille covers. They didn't have the trim that goes across the back glass (above it or below it), no back wall carpet, and the headliner is smaller and doesn't cover the entire ceiling from side to side.

hope this helps.