Intake manifold pitting

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

98Bacon

Reaction score
Is this gonna be a problem? I bought these off Ebay today help streamline my engine/trans swap project. It has been "cleaned and painted as a part the inspection process only". The pitting and corrosion around the coolant ports have me a bit concerned. I will be using Fel-pro MS-9800 gaskets. How bad are they??

You must be registered for see images attach

You must be registered for see images attach

alpinecrick

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Ahhh......that's a lot of pitting in the first pic. I don't think I've ever seen one quite that bad.

And, pitting seems to come from over heating the motor. So far, every Vortec intake I've seen with a fair amount of pitting has been warped. Hate to be a downer.

Guys have had success with JB Weld, fill the pits and sand with a sanding block.

98Bacon

Reaction score
I thought about doing the jb weld treatment but because of the extent of the pitting it would be very difficult to get it right. I paid 100 for it so it's not the end of the world, I guess I'll just hope that the intake that's in the truck now is in much better condition.