instrument cluster connection

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
this is my first post so bear with me if its rough, ive been having an issue with the instrument cluster so i pulled it to check everything out and it look like the previous owner did something to the area where the pin connector for the cluster sits. ive been trying to see how it should be stock but with the different cluster options i cant figure out what my truck should have. not sure if this is all stock or someone changed anything around.f can anyone give me some advice about how it should look and what i need to do to make the pin connector sit on the dash correctly again.

Truck info: 1993 c2500 305 reg cab manual transmission.

if yall need any more info from my i will be happy to provide and thanks in advance

You must be registered for see images attach

Reaction score
and also ive noticed different dashboards have different numbers stamped on them, does anyone know what they mean?

evilunclegrimace

Does not always play well with others
Reaction score
that is an '88-'91 dash board, You can either find an '88-'91 harness plug and swap it out OR you can find '92-94 dash and cut the area that is different from it and glue it in place.
It will stick out to match the later clusters as they are not as thick.

DerekTheGreat

Forum Regular
Reaction score
that is an '88-'91 dash board, You can either find an '88-'91 harness plug and swap it out OR you can find '92-94 dash and cut the area that is different from it and glue it in place.
It will stick out to match the later clusters as they are not as thick.
No sir, that is indeed the '92-'94 harness.

As for the OP's problem, I can't help but would like to see more pics of the truck. :D

evilunclegrimace

Does not always play well with others
Reaction score
No sir, that is indeed the '92-'94 harness.

As for the OP's problem, I can't help but would like to see more pics of the truck. :D

I did not say that the harness was not a '92-'94. I said THE DASH BOARD is a '88-'91. I ran into the same problem when I swapped a '89 dash board into my wife's '92 truck.