Inside door panel swap

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Faithful94

Reaction score
i am swapping interior on my 94 to a 96 cause mine was shot when I got to door=panels I noticed that I need to change out panel under finished panel to accept the different make up (ie) switches, door lock and armrest is different also the wires won’t plug into switches so I need to cut and match up to new switches there is one wire difference in count way different colors of wires but think if I am careful it should work is the wire that is extra for the auto down window my 94 didn’t have that option

4x4x4.3

Reaction score
I am actually upgrading as well. I bought a beautiful set of power doors of a '91 with all the guts, minus the power buttons and door panel. I got them reasonably cheep so I gutted them, sent them to get blasted and then paint. They came out NICE! I have been collecting interior pieces for awhile and proceed to put them together. Big WHOA on my part. I think the "shell" panel changed too! Looking to install inside door handles and there's nowhere to attach it. Did the "shell" panel change from '88-94 and 95-98?

Not to mention the other issues like you mentioned: wiring, longer rods for handle and lock, arm rest/pull holes....

Faithful94

Reaction score
They changed from 94-96 for sure can’t make the 96 panels work , there’s extra wires, plugs are way different might be able to cut and splice but wires are different colors good luck