Impala rear disc Q.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

sewlow

Bitchin' Stitchin'
Reaction score
I've searched the relative posts on the forum and haven't found an answer.
Maybe I just missed the post.
Lotsa info on rear disc swaps, but nothing specific on e-brake cables for the swaps that have that.
Anyone have any info on the e-brake cable from the pedal to the rear side-to-side cable actuator?
Specifically for an RCSB 2 whl. dr.
Is the original cable going to work?
Does the side-side one need to be changed? I wouldn't think so, but asking just in case.
Anyone have info on length, part #, cross-over part from something else, etc.?
The DD can't be down for more than a day or so, so I want to have everything ready when I do the swap.
Truck's a stick which is the whole purpose of using the Impala rear discs. Gotta have that e-brake.

Spastik Monkey

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Or just leave it in gear. I'm looking into this myself, PO swapped to disc and cut the cables

Tech-GeeK1500

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Do you happen to know if that kit works on RCSB k1500 trucks as well? I'm in the same boat as sewlew, I've been researching what people do for this swap for weeks and haven't found much on retaining the parking brake. My 4x4 is an automatic but I definitely want the peace of mind of still having functionality of the system, plus I always engage my parking brake on hills and angles. Are the 99+ rear disc calipers compatible with the parking brake cable? If so I would imagine all I'd need is the backing plate and hoses, etc. Thanks guys!

1sickcrewcab

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Im on the same boat to overclocked. Price without the e-brake is like 380 which sounds good, then jumps to 538. DAM... Since I did my 5-lug swap my e-brake has never worked. So idk if I want to pay extra for the e-brake.

Tech-GeeK1500

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I watched a couple videos of some guys with 99 and up NBS trucks replacing the rear section of their parking brake cable, and it seems that the NBS trucks utilize the same pinch style adapter (the piece that marries the two cables together right about where the driver's feet would be on the driver side frame rail) that connects the short section of cable coming from the pedal, to the longer section on the back half of the truck going to the drums. So in the worst case I'd assume we could use NBS cables in the rear. Hope I explained it decent enough.

Last edited:

sewlow

Bitchin' Stitchin'
Reaction score
Yup! I understood that, Overclocked_4x4. That's going into my notes for when I get to the wreckers. I''ll do some looking & measuring, then go buy new.
I'm not a fan of using used parts in brake systems!
Thanks!

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GriffisClnCo