I'm back with a OBS

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

lester622

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Will do. The only reason I'm back halfing it is because of the current rear setup. Its a mix of bolted on Airbagit.com road grader crap & some junk angle iron braces. If I started with fresh frame rails, I'd just go with the Nfamus 3-link. Which my back half will be based on, wishbone 3-link with bag on bar.

Nothing worse then trying to go behind some body else's cobbled together mess lol. Id start over as well

Sac12

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
How big of a 408 build?
Nothing too crazy. Stock heads and intake with a cam upgrade. I still have a 72 to build. I don't want to get carried away with $3K heads & $1K intakes.. Going to be hard enough to swallow a $2K stoker kit.
Nothing worse then trying to go behind some body else's cobbled together mess lol. Id start over as well
Exactly. The rear suspension worked, its just an old way to do things.
Glad to see your able to get that backhalf done now
Yea man. Last time I went over there we took some measurements and raising the bed floor till the tubs hit the rail wasn't enough to clear that monster notch and the brace. Said he would work with me to back half it and do a small notch cover. I bought Fro's motor, I'll text you in a bit.

polar

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Well to get into the 12s is gonna be a pretty in depth build

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sac12

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Well to get into the 12s is gonna be a pretty in depth build

I don't know the first thing about drag racing, just know what I see when I go with a friend of mine. Just threw that number out there because most of the 6.0L swapped single cabs I seen are running low 13's and breaking into 12's. All of them had factory heads, decent cam and most had a FAST 102mm intake, non of them where stroked.

polar

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I guess it will bee easier to get into 12s with it being a RCSB. Should only need to build for 450hp roughyl

lester622

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I don't know the first thing about drag racing, just know what I see when I go with a friend of mine. Just threw that number out there because most of the 6.0L swapped single cabs I seen are running low 13's and breaking into 12's. All of them had factory heads, decent cam and most had a FAST 102mm intake, non of them where stroked.

The newer ls motors make some good power with just a cam swap and some decent tuning. Depending on the gear and convertor I don't see why you couldn't get a high to mid 12 out of it.

polar

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
With my current engine I'm making 460hp at the crank. It will bring me to 13.32s using 4700lbs for an ECSB