Ignition switch

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

nate3531

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Looks like a need an ignition switch for the Tahoe. My speedometer, Tachometer, PRNDL light doesn't work and the trans is in 3rd gear. I can shift it manually down to 1st to drive it, but I don't like doing this. Some quick troubleshooting on a TSB I found says to check for 12v at fuse 20 with the key in the run position. I got 1.14v. All fuses are good.

Anyone have a cheap place to buy one? O'Reilly is $150...

outalne94z71

Bouncing Truck Maker
Reaction score
Looks like a need an ignition switch for the Tahoe. My speedometer, Tachometer, PRNDL light doesn't work and the trans is in 3rd gear. I can shift it manually down to 1st to drive it, but I don't like doing this. Some quick troubleshooting on a TSB I found says to check for 12v at fuse 20 with the key in the run position. I got 1.14v. All fuses are good.

Anyone have a cheap place to buy one? O'Reilly is $150...

i may have one, not sure if its from a diesel or a gasser, ill go look for it

Last edited:

outalne94z71

Bouncing Truck Maker
Reaction score
ok i took it out of my parts column, looking up your switch at advance this appears to be the right one by the wire coloring and placement and 1330 sticker on the wire bundle compared to their photos

the only issue i see is the 3 wire connector and about 4" of wire on that one lead have melted so you would need to swap that part from yours

nate3531

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
i sent you a PM, only thing I'm worried about is the 98+ had passlock I think. Mine is a 97.

nate3531

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
To get her back on the road, and working I ran a fused bypass wire in the column to put 12v to the white wire. Everything is working fine now, but this is temporary. I think I'm going to do the bypass relay when I get my new( to me) ignition switch in the mail to prevent this from happening again.