ifs coil overs??????

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

97gmz71

Reaction score
has anyone thaught to mount indipendant coil overs to the front suspension and eliminate the torsion bars.i have seen a similar set up on a ford ranger and thaught hey that might work so any thaughts or pics would be great thanks ahead of time

MOBS

The Mad Scientist
Reaction score
In the long run, struts would probably be more dependable, but still not worth it unless the vehicle were heavily modified, then ofcourse you could afford to replace ifs suspension on a regular basis. I've considered that option plenty of times, and other similar ideas to eliminate the torsion bars, but due to cost, they're more like dreams of the poster girls on your wall.

Butch

I'm awesomeR!
Reaction score
You also don't have a lot of room for a coilover with enough travel since you can't put it in the stock location due to the CV axle, that means you would have to build a shock hoop and run it to a braced UCA with the correct angles. If you were lifted 6+ inches that would provide the clearance needed.

MOBS

The Mad Scientist
Reaction score
Yeah, only other choice for a super-high lift is to steal the chain drives from a farm sprayer :D

Crash

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
You want something like this?
Too bad it's for nbs.
I could be made if you want to spend a pile of money on it.
You must be registered for see images

97gmz71

Reaction score
thanks for the info and ideas guys i appricate it and like one of you guys said pipe dream and or poster girls yea thats right just a thaught keep it coming