I managed to kink this line while doing an engine swap and need help

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
Hey all,

I managed to kink this line really badly while doing an engine swap (even worse than the picture). I'm new to all this and don't have a part number for it, much less know what it's called. Can anyone help me please?

You must be registered for see images attach

Awest623

A juicy girl got me, again
Reaction score
Hey all,

I managed to kink this line really badly while doing an engine swap (even worse than the picture). I'm new to all this and don't have a part number for it, much less know what it's called. Can anyone help me please?

You must be registered for see images attach
Probably something they don't make any more. I'd pull one off another truck or just cut it down to and replace the whole thing with flexible line.

Sent from my Samsung S20 using Tapatalk

454cid

Sooper Pooper
Reaction score
Looks like the vacuum line to your brake booster to me. I'd install a nipple in the intake manifoled, assuming it's NPT, and use the proper size vacuum line.... or like I did on my old Buick, I used some sort of pressure rated yellow colored sprayer hose, from Lowes (20+ years ago).

Awest623

A juicy girl got me, again
Reaction score
Looks like the vacuum line to your brake booster to me. I'd install a nipple in the intake manifoled, assuming it's NPT, and use the proper size vacuum line.... or like I did on my old Buick, I used some sort of pressure rated yellow colored sprayer hose, from Lowes (20+ years ago).
Tsk tsk. Vacuum line isn't expensive enough to cheap out on. Lol

454cid

Sooper Pooper
Reaction score
Tsk tsk. Vacuum line isn't expensive enough to cheap out on. Lol

I don't think I cheaped out on it. It's still on the Buick. I'm guessing it's over speced not under speced. It sure has lasted. I will admit that it hasn't seen a lot of heat since the Buick mostly sits, but time isn't kind to hoses, either.

Rick Reid

Reaction score
on my truck i use some 3/8 silicone tubing, a pretty new nipple on the intake and i'm good to go !