I have new respect for you guy that do your own body work

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

stroker87

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
when I got my truck the roll pan was missing so posted a want ad on CL sure enough some one had a steel Fleet side pan for $50 never used so after cutting it down to the right size to fit the stepside bed I found out the shaved rear steps take a special roll pan. The roll pan was hanging about 3 inches lower where it meets the bed side on each side so I took a cut off wheel and went to town on it cut it bent the bottom up to the size needed and welded it all up it fits looks like $)#@ so i'm going to have a friend bang on it and use body filler see how it comes out i might be buying another roll pan unless he can fix it with out a lot of filler

I watch tv & seen in person guys do this stuff you all make it look so easy! I now know its an art and i'm no artiest that for sure :Frustrated:

I tip my hat to you guys that do this on your own :cheers:

454SSguy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Yup, I'm in the same boat. I don't even try to mess with that stuff. Give me a torque wrench and some gasket sealer and I can go to town. But body filler....I'm allergic to that stuff.:nono:

eric.s.t

Stroked
Reaction score
I did the body work on my truck, painted the whole thing last year. Honestly, i love it. I can do almost everything on my truck... sure im still leaning lots. but something about doign the body work. then paintitng the truck and telling pepople i did it. Its awesome. Sure is an art, sure is a hard task to beat.. but well worth it in the end!

stroker87

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I love to do things myself dont get me wrong I just lack some of the talent lol

I want to paint my 87 short box myself I've been helping a my friend who does body work on the side in his garage the last month or so to learn to paint and do minor body repair but chopping and welding some thing that is going to be install and painted is what never done before

Last edited: