Hydroboost Conversion For Noobs

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

CrustyJunker

Is STILL Here?
Reaction score
Alright, my power brake booster went bad and I want to convert to Hydroboost. Couldn't really find anything specific in the search function and I see stuff all over the net for NBS trucks and kits for OOBS trucks.

So, I wanted to start a noob thread on how to do this on an OBS truck and what's needed. It's going on a '96 Chevy Tahoe. Any tips, tricks, and part numbers would be spectacular.

Thanks guys!

CrustyJunker

Is STILL Here?
Reaction score
You guys are awesome. Guess I didn't look hard enough. Administrator, could you delete this post then?

Thanks.

CrustyJunker

Is STILL Here?
Reaction score
Figured I'd post an update. Ended up putting on an AutoZone remanufactured vacuum booster on for now since I had only one day off work. I sprayed some 'Kroil on the power steering lines, but I have yet to try to see if they free up. Old booster was a pain to remove, a fight to the end to get those nuts off the firewall, and that stupid clip on the brake pedal that I failed to have the proper tool to remove. After some frustration I broke it off compliments of a screwdriver. Doesn't help that it got up to 102˚ today and 100˚ yesterday and no where to work on my stuff besides a driveway.

I still do intend going hydroboost, because the brakes are as good as they ever were (not so good). At 60 hours a week and no sleep...I digress. Once again, another "Yeah...I'm doin' this! ...Yeah, I didn't do it either."