Hvac system

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Christoph006

Reaction score
I’m trying to get my hvac system to work normal again in my 95 C3500. I replaced the temp control panel, tested the blower motor and it works, and had to splice in a new connector on the purple power wire to the blower motor cause the previous owner was a bit of a *****. I’m going to replace the heater core as it may be clogged.

I can change the temp of the air but changing the air speed from Lo to Hi changes nothing. It trickles our very little of the defrost. Is it just the heater core the issue or something else like actuators or blower motor resistor?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lanny

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Can you hear the pitch of the blower motor changing when you turn the stwitch? If its getting heat its probably not a heater core issue, unless something is blocking airflow.

grampadirt

On MEDICARE Officially Old
Reaction score
Might be your heater core is just full of crap,mine was.Removing the cover and cleaning it out helped a bunch.I also used compressed air and blew backwards from the floor vent which helped also.Keep in mind these old truck didn't have a cabin filter.

Christoph006

Reaction score
Can you hear the pitch of the blower motor changing when you turn the stwitch? If its getting heat its probably not a heater core issue, unless something is blocking airflow.

I don’t hear the blower motor at any level

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lanny

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Well id clean it all out as well as you can then if you still cant get decent airflow then change the blower motor. Rockauto has them for pretty cheap.