HVAC control issue

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

95Escahoe

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
The fan speed (all speeds) and warm/cold switch work fine but when you select which vent it comes out no matter what setting it is on it only comes out the floor vent when you turn the knob there is no click of it locking into a postion like there is with the fan setting knob, so im guessing the knob is bad and I need to replace the HVAC controls?

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

1997chevydriver

OBS MAGIC!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The fan speed (all speeds) and warm/cold switch work fine but when you select which vent it comes out no matter what setting it is on it only comes out the floor vent when you turn the knob there is no click of it locking into a postion like there is with the fan setting knob, so im guessing the knob is bad and I need to replace the HVAC controls?

The selector switch does not click like the fan speed ones. I would check out the actuator down by the gas pedal and see if it's moving or if the linkages have fallen apart.

Sent from somewhere in MN

95Escahoe

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
The selector switch does not click like the fan speed ones. I would check out the actuator down by the gas pedal and see if it's moving or if the linkages have fallen apart.

Thanks for the info, I know where that is, so u take it off to check that and see if anything's moving with it off?

1997chevydriver

OBS MAGIC!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the info, I know where that is, so u take it off to check that and see if anything's moving with it off?

You can do it with it on to just reach up and turn the knob while looking at the motor.

95Escahoe

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Thanks, ya I pulled the motor before and the linkage moves fine, if u move it the air comes out the correct one so bad actuator then thanks for the help

carluvr

Reaction score
I'm having the same problem also. Fan works normal, hot/cold are normal, but air is only blowing to the floor. Also, the A/C quit working as well. When I turn the knob for air flow direction, I see nothing changing with the actuator by the gas pedal. I'm thinking HVAC control issues. Any help would be appreciated.