HVAC actuator help

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Canadian Rust Bucket

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Hello all,
I have replaced all three HVAC actuators in my '95 c1500, and I'd like to test them before I get the dash reassembled. Unfortunately, I'm not the most electrically savvy guy. Can I just apply 12v DC to the actuators, or does anyone know of a procedure to test them properly? Or, do I just have to put the dash back in and hook it all back up?

I've just finished stripping the cab completely, so as of right now nothing electrical is hooked up. Testing piecemeal beats troubleshooting the whole system after I get it reassembled, in my mind.

Thanks for any advice you can give!

JOHNGAAA1

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
There is a youtube video on this. It is not recommended to test them in the truck with 12v power. The video uses a 9v battery and a jumper wire to test them. There are "stops" in them and will render them useless.

Canadian Rust Bucket

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
There is a youtube video on this. It is not recommended to test them in the truck with 12v power. The video uses a 9v battery and a jumper wire to test them. There are "stops" in them and will render them useless.
That's exactly what I was worried about! Thank you for your advice