how to wire compass/temp mirror

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

1low95GMC

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
i got this mirror out of a cadillac it does not have lights. it has 5 wires to the mirror grey pink/black green black yellow

the temp sensor has 2 wires green black

thanks

Mean Green

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
i got this mirror out of a cadillac it does not have lights. it has 5 wires to the mirror grey pink/black green black yellow

the temp sensor has 2 wires green black

thanks

Does this mirror not have Auto Dim? It should be a 7 pin plug on the back. It should also have auto dim, if it came out of a Deville or STS it should have that option. Anyways if i recall correctly the wiring should go as follows:

Pink: 12V+ Switched
Black: Ground

(If it does have autodim there should be two wires [for a total of 7] that go to the neutral safety switch to the reverse light wire to cancel the auto dim while backing up)

Temp sender green
temp sender black

Mean Green

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
it has auto dim. im not sure is it has temp.
it has five wires on the mirror

Did it come out of a Deville or a STS? In 98 the STS had the temp read out in the dash, and the deville would of still had the temp in the mirror in 98 and 99.

1low95GMC

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
ok i puged it up to a power supply. yellow to hot black to ground and the sensor to green and black. all says is the direction and no temp. i have pushed the compass button

1low95GMC

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Are you sure it's not the 7 pin style? If it is 5 pin, then
pink=switched 12+
black=Ground
then there are two for the autodim
and the remaining one i can't think of off the top of my head

the connector has 7 pins but only 5 wires. 7-6 do not have a wire. i pulled it from a parts car
it is a gntx 177

JJZ71

OBS for life
Reaction score
I take it that this thread went no where after this????? My mirror should be here tomorrow and I need some help with wiring and sensor placement.