How to MarkVIII your OBS on a budget..!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

scmsltn

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Why not spend an extra 30 minutes and cut the shroud down to where it's basically just holding the radiator in place? You don't need it anymore and that's the main reason I went to an efan......underhood space.

Can you post pics and details of your setup, such as parts used and wiring?

Arcane

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
got a 18" one this weekend. going to get volvo relay tomorrow. whats the best way to add the temp sensor? since the stock t stat is a 195 would the best settings for fan be low speed at around 190 and high at like 210? i want to add a ovveride switch too i think for crossing deep water. i figure if i do that ill change the light to be bright red so it will stick out since all my lights are blue inside a red light will warn me i have my fans off, trying to plan this out good so i can get it all done one weekend

Check out this link http://www.nastyz28.com/forum/showpost.php?p=2429746&postcount=123

monstar_est87

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Yea u can add a switch... Im not 100% confident on how to wire that... Bcuz if u turn off the 1st speed eventually the 2nd speed will kick in and fry... So I would imagine the main power but be sure 2 use relays and a switch that can handle that kind of power... And ur stock T stat is 195°..? Geez... Well the E-fan is sapose to be set 10° above the t stat... And like Arcane postd 61311378073 this is the part number that is 195° (low)&210° (high)...

Arcane

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Is scheme on page 1 correct in a meaning where each wire goes, e.i. for example bmw sensor (if pigtails look at you) the right contact is for speed 1, center - ground, left - speed 2?

Arcane

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
ok, thanx. I was interested cos wires from the e-fan ain't marked. Or maybe i need to take a look closer)))
Btw your PM storage is full.