HO2S hester performance sensor 2

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Natalie1981

Reaction score
Ok so my service engine soon light popped on today on my 98 Silverado z71.Used my OBD-2 scanner and got back TSC P0141 which is HO2S heater performance sensor 2. Do any of you know where this is located?

GoToGuy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
You probably mean O2 sensor. Oxygen sensor ( O2 ) Heater performance, comma, sensor 2. Power train ( PCM) detected a problem with bank 1, sensor 2 , heater circuit.
Left side, exhaust, 96 and later have two , O2 sensors in each side, exhaust. Number 1, forward of cat. Number 2 is aft of cat. Bank 1 left engine side. Bank 2 right engine side.
If you want the OE service manuals, which have all diagnostic codes explained, and all the other maint info. There available here free pdf downloads for your year, some are more than on book or volume. Get all it's your new best friend. Search bar at top " service manual " , link in paragraph. Good luck!

Schurkey

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
O2 heater performance is "usually" due to ancient O2 sensors. Replacing the sensor(s) fix the problem. It can be a wire-harness problem, but mostly it's the sensor(s) themselves.

If one sensor is that old, the others likely need to be replaced, too. My '97 K2500 threw O2 heater codes when I bought it (160K miles) Original sensors, best I can tell. They were...difficult...to remove. New sensors in all four locations and the codes don't come back.