hit and run

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

east302

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Not saying that you're out to make a profit or screw anyone over on all of this, but if it costs $3500 for you to be whole, then that's what it costs. An insurance company's first offer is hardly written in stone...especially when their client is at fault. If they wanted to lowball you and total it out, I'd argue a higher value based on what your real replacement cost would be, based on comparable sale listings of vehicles in comparable condition. I'd tell them that I want my vehicle fixed and I want to be made whole and will involve an attorney if need be. Their client was at fault and has little room to argue. Been there, done that. If you're reasonable with them, and it sounds like you would be, most insurance companies will work with you in order to get everything done and wrapped up as efficiently as possible.

Have you gotten any other estimates? It sounds like labor and paint are the big ticket items on it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

94GMC

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Not yet, trying to get at least 2 more. Just to be fair.

Slow is smooth, smooth is fast.

sewlow

Bitchin' Stitchin'
Reaction score
Don't even consider using his 'guy'. Definitely not in your best interest!
It's your vehicle, so...your choice on whom you get to do the repairs. His 'guy' would be prone to take shortcuts in order to save $$$!
Explain to the the Ozob that hit you (Bozo backwards. Not smart enough to be a real clown!) it would be better for him in the long run to hand you the cash.
If the Ins. Co. puts out $3500.00 in his name, they'll recoup that many times over with the increased rates that he's gonna have to pay them.
Get 2 estimates from shops of YOUR choice. 3 would be better. Average them out & that's what he pays you. No 'if's', '&s' or 'buts'!
Once that $$$ is calculated, then give him 1 week to cough up the dinero.
If he balks, let him know that the cops & his Ins. Co. are just a couple of phone calls away. H&R is a criminal offense! (& you have witnesses!)
Ins Co.'s really frown on that kinda behaviour, too. They would possibly drop him as a client & blacklist him for other Ins. Co.s.
This is no time to be 'nice' or consider his situation. He screwed up, not you!
You or Bubba (his future cell-mate!) can tell him the same thing...
"It'll only hurt for a little while!"
That's the ONLY choice he has.
Show no mercy! Don't back down. Do not compromise to appease him.

94GMC

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Don't even consider using his 'guy'. Definitely not in your best interest!
It's your vehicle, so...your choice on whom you get to do the repairs. His 'guy' would be prone to take shortcuts in order to save $$$!
Explain to the the Ozob that hit you (Bozo backwards. Not smart enough to be a real clown!) it would be better for him in the long run to hand you the cash.
If the Ins. Co. puts out $3500.00 in his name, they'll recoup that many times over with the increased rates that he's gonna have to pay them.
Get 2 estimates from shops of YOUR choice. 3 would be better. Average them out & that's what he pays you. No 'if's', '&s' or 'buts'!
Once that $$$ is calculated, then give him 1 week to cough up the dinero.
If he balks, let him know that the cops & his Ins. Co. are just a couple of phone calls away. H&R is a criminal offense! (& you have witnesses!)
Ins Co.'s really frown on that kinda behaviour, too. They would possibly drop him as a client & blacklist him for other Ins. Co.s.
This is no time to be 'nice' or consider his situation. He screwed up, not you!
You or Bubba (his future cell-mate!) can tell him the same thing...
"It'll only hurt for a little while!"
That's the ONLY choice he has.
Show no mercy! Don't back down. Do not compromise to appease him.
Starting to feel that way.

Slow is smooth, smooth is fast.

94GMC

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Update for you guys who chimed in, finally got cash deal from this guy and most of the parts are on the way

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

94GMC

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images

New parts installed.

94GMC

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well yes and no. Wedding fund

polar

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
So you have less money now than ever before!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk