High volume oil pump 98 K1500 5.7

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
I disagree that an oil cooler is prudent here. Oil wants to be at or above the boiling point of water, so how hot was it? Not only that, if the motor shells out the new cooler is ruined.

L31MaxExpress

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I disagree that an oil cooler is prudent here. Oil wants to be at or above the boiling point of water, so how hot was it? Not only that, if the motor shells out the new cooler is ruined.

My hot idle pressure increased ~10 psi on both the 350 and 383 when I put the stock cooler setup on it. My oil temps will get close to and even over 300°F in summer without towing anything.

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
My hot idle pressure increased ~10 psi on both the 350 and 383 when I put the stock cooler setup on it. My oil temps will get close to and even over 300°F in summer without towing anything.

My point exactly, you actually know what your temps are instead of arbitrarily slapping a cooler on as a bandaid.

Schurkey

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Wix "was" a great filter and company. They've been bought-out by Mann + Hummel.

Now there's no telling where Wix filters are made until you're holding it in your hands. USA...Poland...China...Mars.

SableSlayer

Reaction score
Wix "was" a great filter and company. They've been bought-out by Mann + Hummel.

Now there's no telling where Wix filters are made until you're holding it in your hands. USA...Poland...China...Mars.
Well that's sad to hear!