HID Kits

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

88GMCtruck

I'm all 8-Luggy!
Reaction score
Auburn, Wa: From Covington, Wa: Albion, Wa: Pullma

dustin83

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I finally got my HID kit installed a couple days ago on my 99. No relay kit was needed! I'll post pics soon.

Low 89

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Just ordered the low beam kit! Going to test out their quality in the stock headlight housings, then upon my dissatisfaction will upgrade to clear euro style lights! Thanks for the great thread, helped very much!

the big blue bus

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
thinking of this mod... want to do 4500k from what ive read here. i have a 95 so would i need harness? or should i try without first. do you guys have a problem with getting your trucks inspected with the aftermarket hids?

1badgmc

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
thinking of this mod... want to do 4500k from what ive read here. i have a 95 so would i need harness? or should i try without first. do you guys have a problem with getting your trucks inspected with the aftermarket hids?

I'm thinking your '95 should work without the relay harness. Give it a try without and see. I've only gone through one inspection with my HIDs so far and the inspector is a friend of mine, but he didn't mention them to me. If you do run into trouble, just pop in your halogen bulbs for the inspection and then put the HIDs back in afterward.

bump530

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
here is a pic of my truck with HIDs on one side and stock on the other. this is even with the very dull stock lenses. ive got to get a restorer kit for them bad.

Attachments

• IMG00253.jpg
    IMG00253.jpg
    94.9 KB · Views: 16

bizzo15

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Need some help guys. I went and try to install my ddm hid kit tonight and couldn't get it to work. I bought the relay kit and hooked it up to my ballasts and my hids won't come on. I'm pretty sure I've got it wired correctly. I have the stock headlight connector plugged into the relay and then the relay plugs into the ballast. Now I've heard you have to flip one of the plugs around on these chevy's. Is it the stock headlight connector that goes into the relay or is it the plug that goes from the relay into the ballast? Or do I flip them both around? Thanks for the help guys