help with manual trans please

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Bearcat91

CRASH
Reaction score
leaving for work all was good till i turned outta the drive. Didnt really hear anything but now i have no clutch pressure and it releases at the very top. so for example i down shift and release clutch slowly while it catches but now nothing till at the top and its a harsh down shift. Truck is a 1995 sierra 5.0 nv3500 trans. My guess are blew a hydraulic line. Its dark so i wont be able to look at it till tomorrow. any ideas what to look for? im not very handy mechanically :nono:

Thanks for the help

chevy-92

Reaction score
Is it full of fluid for the clutch? Follow the line from the reservoir to the transmission and look for leaks. You may need to pump the pedal to find a leak. Can you pump the pedal and gain clutch?

shelbyt.67

Weirdo
Reaction score
Sounds like clutch master or slave may have blown an o ring or a cracked clutch line. Doesn't sound like its the tranny. I would focus on clutch parts.

Bearcat91

CRASH
Reaction score
checked the hydrualic fluid and its full. I fallowed the line to the passenger side of the trans and no easily visible leaks. its hard to get under and see with out a jack :(

Bearcat91

CRASH
Reaction score
well i couldnt find anything, dropped it off at local mechanic...benefits of a cool lookin truck, "eh we'll take a look" ok how much do diagnose it? "nothing" AWESOME!!!

Bearcat91

CRASH
Reaction score
shop says its something mechanical in the trans, prob broken pressure plate spring. so...875 to get that fixed. so much for a simple fix

Bearcat91

CRASH
Reaction score
I live in an apartment with zero tools! no jack no sockets nothing....its sad