Help: Stock Amp and Rear door speakers

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

99'Subourbon

Longroof NOOA Member
Reaction score
Hey guys,

I am going to be hooking up my system today/tomorrow and have read the the rear door speakers (not cargo) get their power from the factory amp. My question is, can I run the remote lead from my Alpine CDE-134HD H/U to both the factory amp and the powered sub? I don't want to have to run all new wire from the rear doors to the gm harness that I have for my h/u. I don't care about the 4x10's in my roof, just want to get the doors working.

This is my setup;

CDE-134HD H/U
Kicker 40CS674's for the front
Kicker 40CS654's for the back w/ Custom brackets/baffles
SO B-8PTD Powered Sub
Metra High powered Antenna

and all the otherr install stuff (gm speaker adapters, antenna adapter, sub install kit, dash kit, etc) minus any speaker wire (was relying on the stock wiring).

RynoHarris

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Yes you can. I believe In my Tahoe the remote wire for the factory amp was blue. Your rear speakers will just be hooked up through the rear speaker inputs of the trucks radio harness(4x10). And you can splice the remote wire for your powered sub into the same remote wire for your radio and factory amp together it won't hurt anything

Sent from my HTC One X

RynoHarris

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Also the rear speakers get sound from the same speaker inputs the 4x10s get their audio from. The only thing they need extra to work is the remote lead from the factory amp.

Sent from my HTC One X

99'Subourbon

Longroof NOOA Member
Reaction score
Thanks for your input!

Can I do anything to disable to 4x10's, or does it matter that they are left on? I guess it completed the sound, albeit really badly.

RynoHarris

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
You could pull the covers off them take them out and diconnect them if you want to. But I like the sound they give in the rear whenever I have the barn doors open and I'm listening to the radio and stuff. Not to mention the extra sound it gives rear seats.

Sent from my HTC One X

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Just a side note about the rear 4x10s, I run Kicker KS410s back there and they actually sound pretty good, not much worse than most 6x9s I've heard. Also if you really, really hate them for some reason you can always take a grinder to the mounting holes and enlarge them to fit 6x9s. There's plenty of room.

99'Subourbon

Longroof NOOA Member
Reaction score
The KS410s fit without any modifications? My stock ones are pretty much dead, barely makes any sound.

Sent from my HTC6990LVW using Tapatalk

RynoHarris

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I have the Kenwood 4x10s in mine and I love them. Magnets fit it no problem no mod needed.

Sent from my HTC One X

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
KS410s fit just fine. My stock ones were both 100% dead on removal, no sound at all.