Help! Radio, lighter, and dome light not working.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

92C1500

Reaction score
I had enough of my stock radio, and got an in dash kit, cd player, cubby to replace stock controller, and radio adapter. After installing everything, radio doesn't work. But, neither does cig lighter, or dome light which previously did. Even plugged old radio back up and now no power. Few details to add, someone used a cig lighter in my truck recently that didn't come with it and it worked. Also when I was removing the stock under dash amp I wiggled the lighter plug from behind a little and it sparked. Both sides of radio fuse in fuse block show no power but when you touch a ground it does. Can't for the life of me find where the ground is loose or disconnected. Also noticed that harness kit I got has an orange wire for dimmer/illumination. But new CD player did not. Dimmer for interior lights still works. But no dome light. Any ideas? Thinking might have to run a new ground to radio fuse.

twomanymontes

car show addict
Reaction score
Sounds like you popped the fuse. It's the same fuse for the Radio memory, Dome light and the cigarette lighter. Not sure which one, but it should be labeled on the back of the fuse block cover as CIG. And the Fuses are on the power side not the ground.

badazzbulldog

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
its the fuse marked ctsy which is the interior lights lighter and radio power
You must be registered for see images attach

92C1500

Reaction score
I checked the courtesy fuse it's not blown. I may have used some wrong terminology. With the power probe, I touched positive and negative to the radio fuse, it had no reading. But if I touch the black to steel in the truck, Then red to the radio fuse I get a reading.