HELP!just put a 93 4l60e in my 91 swb now my trans wont shift

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

shtbox

Reaction score
I just swapped out my 5 speed for @ 93 4l60e wiring harnessnow the trans won't shift and I'm pretty sure its got something to do with my speedo not working.I have the half moon gauges it worked just fine with nv3500 in there.is there a certain year vss or is the trans I got have a bad vss?any help would be appreciated p.s still got the standard steering column in there so just reaching thru the hole and putting in reverse and drive

shtbox

Reaction score
Yes the harness ecm and trans all from the same parts truck I've been reading about this vss buffer thing I'm gonna try and swap that from the parts truck and see what happens also gonna go ahead and switch the steering column just in case there's some wiring there that needs to match up

Keepinitoldskool

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Sounds like a good start. If you do something half-assed then you get half-assed results.

Sent from my 5 yr old POS HTC ONE using Tapatalk 2

shtbox

Reaction score
Yea I hear ya on that lol.you know what I said screw it and just got my 5 speed rebuilt so I swapped my old harness ecm and put the 5 speed back in.no more shinning grinding or any issues .should of done that a long time ago

shtbox

Reaction score
It was a 93 harness and ecm the trans was a 93 4l60e from a v6 but pulled everything back off and went back to 5 speed because I couldn't get the dang thing to go over 50 the gas petal would just die.