HELP engine gurus - no oil passenger side lifters brand new engine

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

evilunclegrimace

Does not always play well with others
Reaction score
Just a thought - If you have a high volume oil pump on your engine do you also have a larger oil pan? I know of a friend who put a high volume oil pump on and then had issues similar to what you describe only to find that the oil pump was running out of oil and cavitating. He solved the problem by installing a bigger oil pan.

The Melling 55A oil pump is a high pressure standard volume pump. It is a stock replacement item.

Knuckle Dragger

Rascal *****
Reaction score
Just a thought - If you have a high volume oil pump on your engine do you also have a larger oil pan? I know of a friend who put a high volume oil pump on and then had issues similar to what you describe only to find that the oil pump was running out of oil and cavitating. He solved the problem by installing a bigger oil pan.

It's my understanding the OP is at idle or near idle. Even if it were a high volume pump it wouldn't be having this issue at idle.

89GMCJOHN

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
All is well , no issues regarding this original weirdness ....70 psi when cold , quiet etc ...good to go ...thanks for everybodys input.

89GMCJOHN

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Did you just run it and hope for the best?

No, I pulled the passenger side valve cover , started it- let it idle , drizzled the passenger rockers with oil from above and after about 2 to 2.5 minutes it began pumping oil up through every passenger rocker on its own like my friend said it would . I think it had to heat up a little to displace some of the moly lube perhaps ????? Its been fine 60-70 psi cold with the melling M55A ....all is well .

94burbk1500

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
No, I pulled the passenger side valve cover , started it- let it idle , drizzled the passenger rockers with oil from above and after about 2 to 2.5 minutes it began pumping oil up through every passenger rocker on its own like my friend said it would . I think it had to heat up a little to displace some of the moly lube perhaps ????? Its been fine 60-70 psi cold with the melling M55A ....all is well .
Ok, good. I was cringing at the thought...