Help- Attach door lock cyl to rod...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Antichrist

Reaction score
We just picked up my girlfriend's first truck, a 1992 Chevy Blazer.

And of course, it has all the signs of being molested by previous owners. Right now I need to get the door locks finished. Handles work, inside lock works. power locks work.

The key lock cylinder is not connected. They left the rods floating freely inside the doors. I can't for the life of me find any part #s, diagrams, images, etc.. online for the missing parts. I spent 30 minutes on the phone with LMC truck, and they had no definite answer, but are sending me a picture of the back of the key lock cylinders within 24-48 hours.

Half circle on rear of lock cylinder needs to connect to a lever of some sort. I am missing the lever, the clip that would attach the lever to the rear of the lock cylinder, and I am missing the clip that would attach to rod to the end of the lever.

I found a video from you tube that someone is showing a lock replacement. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X1lBgDSP9e0

In the video you can see what I need at 17:00 minutes on the bottom right of the screen there's a good shot of the inside of the handle.

Steel lever piece, clip connecting it to the lock cylinder, and clip attaching the lever to the rod. I think the clip to rod is just the same as the others used inside, but I figured I'd ask about that as well while I'm here.

Any help you can give is much appreciated.

EDIT: Apologies if this is in the wrong forum, I wasn't quite sure if this would fall under body, or interior.

94Sierra4x4

All out OBS.
Reaction score
Half way down you will see what clips you need to retain the rods to handle and latch.
Sorry I thought I had taken more pictures when I did it, but it's fairly simple when you have GOOD clips. You'll see a picture comparing two clips, one was worn out enough for the rod to literally fall out.

Antichrist

Reaction score
I'm good on the clips and all that, I've done a few inner and outer OBS door handles before, so I'm familiar with disassembly/reassembly. On the 92 Blazer I'm actually MISSING some parts, and trying to get an idea of part numbers/names so I know what to order.

94Sierra4x4

All out OBS.
Reaction score
Aaah I missed that part, I must not have finished my first coffee by then!
And I also meant to give you a link to my build thread earlier, half way down the page I have some pictures of the door taken apart, somewhat, my bad.
It won't help ya anyhow, doh. Sorry.

Antichrist

Reaction score
Here is the diagram they will probably send you:

Yeah, I spent 30 minutes on the phone with them staring at that page. I don't THINK the part I need is pictured, or at least I didn't see it.. That's why I called.

In that diagram:

#14 is the rod that connects to the latch, and to the #33 lock cylinder. I'm missing everything between those 2 parts. I need: Clip #19, an unknown lever that attaches to rod #14, and lock cylinder #33, and there should be a C-clip that attaches the unknown lever to the rear of the lock cylinder.

I should have some time tomorrow, I'm going to take my handle apart to take a few pictures to show you guys what I mean, It's a little difficult describing a part that I don't know the name of.

This is a Ford version of basically what I need that I found at O'Reilly... : http://www.oreillyauto.com/site/c/d...k=Search_03863_1302770_750&pt=03863&ppt=C0356

mchlgriffith

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
i bet u could go to a junk yard and grab it of a blazer in there for supre cheap and have it right now.