Hello from Colorado

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Gmule

Reaction score
Good evening my name is Greg. I inherited my dads 1999 Tahoe. It been sitting in the garage in New Mexico for the last 13 years. This thing is in remarkable condition for its age. I figured I would bring it back for a couple of reasons. 1 My dad was a car guy and this is a sort of connection to him since passed away. 2 its a pretty cool truck. I am a ford technician by trade but its all nuts and bolts to me. Lots of great information on this site that I have seen that will help me get this vehicle road worthy.
So far I have replaced the intake manifold gaskets, oil, pump and have repaired some rodent damaged wiring. I still need to address the fuel gauge and do something with the suspension.

GrimsterGMC

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Good evening my name is Greg. I inherited my dads 1999 Tahoe. It been sitting in the garage in New Mexico for the last 13 years. This thing is in remarkable condition for its age. I figured I would bring it back for a couple of reasons. 1 My dad was a car guy and this is a sort of connection to him since passed away. 2 its a pretty cool truck. I am a ford technician by trade but its all nuts and bolts to me. Lots of great information on this site that I have seen that will help me get this vehicle road worthy.
So far I have replaced the intake manifold gaskets, oil, pump and have repaired some rodent damaged wiring. I still need to address the fuel gauge and do something with the suspension.
Welcome Greg, you are right they are all just nuts and bolts. We all love pictures and a back story to go with them.