headlights?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

sewlow

Bitchin' Stitchin'
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach

I painted the surrounds of the bumper lights black. I think they look better like this.

Crappy Iphone pic.

Haven't done the upper corners on the '98.

Black bumper lights. (This is actually the day I brought home the '97!)

Smoked bumper lights. These needed the outer edges painted black like the '97. But they burnt out a couple of LEDs before I got that done.
The halo's & the black bumper lights are going bye-bye, though. Going to some headlights like the '97 with LED bumper lights in the same style as what is on the '98, but clear. The black corners are staying! First mod that I ever did to the truck! Just have to get the upper mod done. I have all the stuff to do it, but no time!

Reaction score
@sewlow58: what brand are the head lights on your blue Chevy? My dad just backed into my 97 and they need to be replaced. I wasn't in a big rush to swap them out but things have changed

Sent from my uncensored Jelly Bean powered Droid Maxx using tapatalk 2

sewlow

Bitchin' Stitchin'
Reaction score
Depo's. Was kinda wondering about them as they have no glare shields. No one has flashed me yet, but they are the stock bulbs that they came with. Soon as I get a chance, I'm gonna swap in some HIR bulbs. Lows & highs. Let's see what happens then.

aarolar

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Wow if you haven't before you should check out some of the information on candle power forums about these HIRs they take it to the extreme had my head spinning. Is there anywhere you can buy these other than ebay?

sewlow

Bitchin' Stitchin'
Reaction score

aarolar

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
On Ebay, @ $50/pair, & for what they are, that's pretty reasonable.
I've spent more on a pair of Sylvannia's (+90's) & the HIR's will be a better light IMO.
Did you see the info that I posted on them? There's a link in there to a supplier. Haven't checked his prices yet, though.

http://www.gmt400.com/forum/showthread.php?21492-HIR-Headlight-bulbs-Loose-those-HID-s!

Headlight Services
Highlands Ranch, CO 80130
www.headlightservices.com[email protected]
303-683-1705

Cool I actually posted in the wrong thread, for some reason I thought I was in that thread you started.

Reaction score
Depo's. Was kinda wondering about them as they have no glare shields. No one has flashed me yet, but they are the stock bulbs that they came with. Soon as I get a chance, I'm gonna swap in some HIR bulbs. Lows & highs. Let's see what happens then.

Thanks for the info, your trucks look great.

Darkrider

Dexter
Reaction score
Damn it Al...every time i see your trucks i want an RCSB.....

Whats worse is the fact i have full clearance from the gf to go buy one......

Reaction score
Has anyone had fit issues with aftermarket headlights off eBay and the like?

Sent from my uncensored Jelly Bean powered Droid Maxx using tapatalk 2