Headlights won't shut off...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

gordinho80

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Couple nights ago, I pulled up into my driveway, shut the lights, and shut the truck off. Upon turn the key to kill the engine, my headlights came back on by themselves and did not shut off. I tried turning the switch numerous times, but they would not shut off.

I had to resort to pulling the fuse to shut them off.

Background:

HIDs wired, relay wired into the battery, using pass side headlight wire as my "switch". I wired the 4 HI mod into the driver side headlight wiring.

I wonder if the headlight switch is shot? Only the headlights come on, no parking lights...

gordinho80

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Forgot to mention: first thing I tried was swapping out the relay. I'll double check the wires, though. As I used a relay socket... so perhaps the socket itself is bad?

gordinho80

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
So I went out there to look at the socket. Plugged the fuse back in and the headlights were off. Had to drive to pick up some new tires/wheels, lights never came on by themselves. I'll see how she reacts tonight. Strange....

kiss4afrog

Reaction score
The relay socket unless it's melted and allowing wires or terminals to touch isn't going to be able to affect the relays operation. Is the headlight switch equipped with a headlight delay feature ??

gordinho80

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Not that I am aware of. In the few months that I've owned this truck, when I turn the switch, the lights ALWAYS shut off immediately.