header leak

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

copernicusd

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
headers have exhaust leak where they attach to y pipe, tried redoing adding a gasket, doesn't seem to be right gasket or doing anything, lasted a week got thru inspection, and now its leaking again, is there some other gasket I should get?
have a duel setup I could put on, but don't like how it exits on the side of wheels,how loud it is, and needs setup for 02 sensor, not sure if I just need one hole or 2, only have 1 o2 now, but if I make it duel how does that work

Bearcat91

CRASH
Reaction score
what years the truck, my 95 had one o2 and prob would of been fine with one o2 in just the one side of the duels...as far as gaskets though, the aluminum ones suck (idk what kind you used) there was a link a member claimed was the best gasket he has ever used. i will look for it...

here ya go, http://catalog.remflex.com/category_s/2.htm member bought the header/manifold gaskets and said they were great...i could only assume the flange gaskets are just as good!

Last edited:

copernicusd

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
bought a gasket like those, maybe it was the wrongs size, thought it was the only one they had at store, but it seemed like it was just sitting in there, not being pinched by anything, dleft one off, i'll have to go measure it, thought there was something different, my dad said something about they didn't give me donuts with the headers, do glazed work better then sprinkles?

5spd Z71

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I've had an exhaust leak at the collectors ever since I've owned the truck. Annoys the f*ck out of me everyday.

Sent from my iPhone in some random spot of Texas.

copernicusd

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
tried fixing yet?
maybe i should just put on the duels i have, then i wont hear it, or anything else for that matter

SAATR

/\___/\___/\___/\___/\
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Cut the collectors off and weld on some ball flanges. They aren't cheap at about $100 a pair, but how many sets of collector gaskets and headache does it take to make $100?

gnrl

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Cut the collectors off and weld on some ball flanges. They aren't cheap at about $100 a pair, but how many sets of collector gaskets and headache does it take to make $100?

I agree ^ you'll probably have to change the flanges. I havn't used the ball flanges though, but they will probably work fine (as SAATR says).

The flanges I've used are those $20 a pair on ebay deallys. The guy on ebay's name is wyoton or something and he's been selling those exact flanges for over 10 years only on ebay. 1/2" thick, 304 polished, come with a stamped aluminum gasket. You can get them in 2.5" and 3". The first set I've installed was 3+ years ago on my friends beater and he hasn't had any collector problems since.