haveing some issue's... and ideas would help..

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

chevyboy98

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
k, so i have a 98 chevy silverado , i just did a cab swap to a 97 cab, and naw i canot get the truck to start, the truck fires but then dies, and the oil pressure guage reads maxx , befor i parked it to do the swap it ran great,

on the 98 headlight harness where it meets the cab there is a plug that the 97 body doesent have, it is 2 dark green wire's..it joined up to the 97 engine harness right neer the fuse box, but i cant see anything with the headlight harness that will cause the truck to fire but not start
also where the harness enters the cab on the passenger side the plugs do not match the 97 body, so i spliced the wires togeather and still no differance..

any help out be great guys im really stuck and wireing isint my thing at all.. this truck is my dd.

SAATR

/\___/\___/\___/\___/\
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think a good wiring diagram would be your best friend right about now. I think Lextech or TruckinAintForSissies have the factory wiring diagrams for most years that these trucks were produced.

Question: did you use all of the electronics from the 98, or mix and match from both?

chevyboy98

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
The only thing from
The 97 is the dash and headlight harness , dash wires look like a ***** to pull

skylark

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
the truck fires but then dies, and the oil pressure guage reads maxx
I believe this is your problem. IIRC your fuel pump relay is wired to the oil pressure switch, it will bypass the pressure switch in the crank mode and when in the "on" mode is has to sense more than 3 psi or it will kick out the relay. Jump the relay real quick to see if I'm right and if I am, start checking the OPS wiring.

chevyboy98

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
What is iirc? Im not shure what to do exactialy.. But ill try it tomorow

454ss

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
i had this problem on a 1990. oil pressure sending unit died and the fuel pump wouldnt run.