Hard Start/No Start

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
Been having an issue with my 95 Chevrolet K1500 5.7 with an aftermarket MPFI system when starting. For the past 2 weeks the truck has had no issue with start right up, where hot or cold or any condition, and out of nowhere I went to start it up and no start after about 10 cranks. Exhaust has some vapor coming out of it and it smells like gas and the engine bay smells a little like gas. So we waited about 30 minutes or so and messed with it some (taking air cleaner off, unplugging and plugging wires etc) and boom it fires right up and runs perfect, no missing, or cut outs, or surging and drives home just fine. Then we go to store, and come back out and try to start it and it does the exact same thing. We end up getting it home, and wait a while and try to start it again and it does the exact same thing.

List of new parts that were put on in the recent month:
Fuel pump and sending unit assembly
Fuel Filter
IAC Valve
Spark plugs and wires
Distributor Rotor and Cap and Coil

The only issue is when starting, but once it starts, it's as fit as a fiddle. It drives just fine with plenty of power all the way to 5,000 rpm. Then shut it off and try to start it back up and it just won't do it.

351FUN

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
What brand injection system? That's where I'd start looking.