Hard lines to spider/no start mpfi

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
Just replaced the poppet spider with mpfi, missing a couple o rings but not sure on the stack between the hard line and injector body. Is it o ring, plastic spacer, o ring? And the return hard lines are a different diameter than the sending hard lines, so they shouldn't work vice versa correct? Thanks for all the help so far guys, this is some of the last help this truck needs!

You must be registered for see images attach

delta_p

OBS Chevrolet, When Silverado Was A Trim
Reaction score
There is an o-ring in the unit which you show, then the plastic pieces which you show, but i don't remember an additional o-ring on the lines on mine when i did it. The lines are two different sizes.

east302

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
To add to the above, here is one that I pulled from my 1998 350.

In your first photo, it looks like everything is already in there. Meaning, take the stuff off of the line on the left, put the bare metal lines in and that’s it. My Delco unit was delivered with the internal stack installed.

Here are the washers removed from the injector unit. Top to bottom, the washers are in order of placement. Black one first, then silver, yellow and the larger plastic piece goes in last. The fuel line then goes in. I don’t remember an o-ring on the fuel lines there, but there is one on each of the two lines that connect at the firewall (your second photo).

Clamp orientation...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Reaction score
That exploded view is awesome! Where'd you find that? I wasn't sure on my terminology. Those pictures answer all my questions as well, thanks a ton! I will be picking up o rings for the hard lines behind the block tomorrow on the way home, and installing the lines correctly, wish me luck guys!

Just want to confirm these should replace my missing and original o ring on the hard line behind the block?

east302

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Check the fittings to see if the o-rings are still there, but yes, you need an o-ring on each fuel line coming up by the firewall (your second photo). It kind of looks like the one on the left is still there, but swap it out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jeraldinmendez