H3 HID Fog Light Install

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Talisman

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Hey guys just finished these up and it was a breeze! Almost as easy as putting in HID low beams!
You must be registered for see images attach

Do not be afraid of doing this, if I can do it then anyone can.
I ordered my kit on ebay, it is the Xentec 8000 Kelvin H3 kit and only cost me $31 shipped. I usually use DDM Tuning (9 Installs total), but wanted to give these ebay kits a shot.

This is half the kit, I had already mounted up the first ballast and harness at this point

At this point most of us doing this already have fog lights, so I'm only showing the halogen to HID swap. If you need help with wiring the fogs ask me and I can help out!

This is my fog light, standard H3 driving light, nothing special here

Showing the back of the light after removal from the housing. This shows how a normal halogen H3 is held in

And the H3 HID Bulb

I love how well these fit, simply remove your halogen H3, throw away the ground wire, and reuse the retaining screw to mount the new HID bulb.

Next I had to modify my housings because the back HID sticks out. I simply drilled a 3/4" hole and cut a 3/4" grommet to fit to help seal it.

Next, I moved on to mounting the HID ballasts. With these slim ballasts it fits perfectly just behind the grill and bumper. I used the included adhesive pad and wire ties to hold it in place.

PS what you are seeing next to the ballast is the resistor for my LED parking lights

This is the wiring harness that connects your HID ballast to power and ground. Those are simple quick connects found at any local auto parts shop.

Just connect the Red (hot or +) to your power wire coming from your relay and the Black (ground or -) connected to a good ground, mines tapped into the frame with a self tapping screw. I have a short wire with an eyelet on one side and a female disconnect on the other.

Now I suggest bringing out your foglight and testing it before final mounting. If it works your done! If not check your wires and ensure you have a good ground. If those check out but still no light, reverse the connector running from the harness to the ballast, ie plug it in flipped, I hear sometimes the polarity is reversed.
Once all the testing is done go ahead and hard mount it up! I used heat shrink on the quick connectors to protect them from the elements. Hope this helps encourage people to do this! It is an easy mod to tackle, and at $31 it beats most halogen lamp prices!

Talisman

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Also I will continue to report back on this thread as time goes by to let you guys know how stable they are. Right now all I can say is these suckers are BRIGHT.

the big blue bus

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
just did this yesturday was going to put mine in trhe s10 fogs i had but they wouldnt fit because of glare shield :/ so they arte in driving lights for now in my bumper. when my buddys done with my grill guard im mounting those on it with the hids. mine are 4500k ddm ones. they are bright as crap haha seem brighter than my 4500k low beams

///RAGMC

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I have a few miss match hid ballast I think im going to put them on our golfcart. yes I said golfcart