Ground strap location

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

smdk2500

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I do get rid of what I think are garbage bolts that come from the factory. I use a 3/8 by 16 bolt nut and washer. I run the nut on the bolt till it is up by the head put washer on stick it through the cable and snug it down. Then tighten the cable to the battery by tightening the nut. Depending on how long of bolt you use you can easily clamp a battery charger or jumper cables. It is nice having more then a 1/4 of material to clamp onto. Some people may or may not like this method but it as work well for me for years.

454cid

Sooper Pooper
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach

Yup that's what I've got. I had one on the positive side for years and years, but when I got a battery maintainer I put one on the negative side too, as I bought a pigtail to permanently attach to the truck.

Mine are plain brass, but I noticed on Amazon that they can be had nickle plated as well. Also, some have the same thread on each end, and some have fine thread on one side..... I think mine are the latter. I bought the Deka Battery brand..... first one was USA made, unfortunetly the one I bought recently was not.

I like these a lot better than using plain bolts as these are purpose bult and wires can be added easily, where as with a bolt you can't just add something without taking the whole thing apart, and you just have the bolt head hanging out there doing nothing.