ground cluster

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mightyrat

Reaction score
is there a common ground cluster un my truck? 1996 gmc k 3500. some times my turn signals work, sometimes not.

RawbDidIt

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
is there a common ground cluster un my truck? 1996 gmc k 3500. some times my turn signals work, sometimes not.
Technically yes, almost everything metal attached to your chassis is the "ground cluster". Each system will have it's own ground, and even several components within each system can have dedicated grounds, especially with a system like the lights where they're literally at the furthest corners from each other. You didn't give a whole lot if useful information, but I'd be looking at SDK the grounds, and possibly the turn signal switch, or the relay.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

RawbDidIt

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
What other useful info is needed? What is sdk?
That was a SDK was a typo.

Useful info: do any of your turn signal bulbs flash when this is happening, or are only some of them working?
When this happens do your hazards work, but your turn signals don't?
Are any other systems on the turn signal switch affected such as cruise control (if equipped), or windshield wipers?

If none if your turn signals work when this happens, I'd be willing to bet it's your turn signal switch. Both left and right have their own circuit, and all corners have their own ground, so it's not likely that an intermittent problem strikes multiple circuits at once. The only common denominator for both sides and all bulbs is the switch.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk