Got some question guys

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

lowastro

Reaction score
OK guys me and my dad are kinda stuck. The truck is an 88 silverado with a 305. Its been sittin a few weeks and hasnt been on the road for about 2 years. I went to start it and got nothing,we've checked and its getting fuel everywhere up to the injectors,fuel is leaking smewhat but not a mist. When i put fuel in the throttle body itll run until it runs out,so we're kinda stumped. Im thinking its either the injectors themselves or the pump? Is the pump supposed to be continuously pumping?..sorry for all the questions but we're just trying to get this thing running lol thanks in advance

lowastro

Reaction score
yeah thats what im leaning towards too,ill check more things on my next day off

Swims350

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
The pump should come on with the key in run position and run the pump for a few seconds then shut off. But as it's running it should be constant, probably while cranking too. if it's just dribbling out I'd check the fuel filter or change it, then if you can get a fuel pressure tester and the adapter that fits in place of the filter, then see what pressure it gets, that'll tell you how the pump is. If those check out, I'd check the injectors to see if they fire and then the pressure regulator spring in the tbi.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ben1975