Got a brake light prob.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

1BAD89

Reaction score
ok guys. i noticed my brake lights werent working the other day. I have replaced brake light switch, but that didnt fix the problem. I have power to the switch but kinda dont know what to check next. All the blinkers, and taillights work just not the brake lights. I read a little bit about a relay could sometimes go bad but dont really know where to look. 89 k1500. any help will be appreciated greatly. thanks Josh

sewlow

Bitchin' Stitchin'
Reaction score
Sounds like the tail light circuit board. Pull it off the housing & clean that out crud that GM puts in there. Clean those contacts really good. Then try the brakes. If that doesn`t work, it may be the actual circuit board. They are failure prone.
Or it could be that both brake light bulbs decided to burn out at relatively the same time! Stranger things have happened! LOL!

95C1500

┌П┐(◣_◢)┌П┐
Reaction score
jiggle the t-connectors back there. That's worked for a few members here lol.

1BAD89

Reaction score
Hey guys. switch is good i replaced it, and i checked the fuse. I will try and check the circuit boards and ground tomorrow. What about a relay, where would that be located?

glfirefighter144

Whoa Black Betty
Supporting Member
Reaction score
i know 95+ is under hood, but i have no idea where the 88-94 are, and don't have any at the house to look either :shrug:

EDIT: something tells me in the fuse panel behind the parking brake pedal